Re: Android Native GCC 4.9.2 Build Fails at Dynamic libgcc

On 22/12/14 20:55, Cyd Haselton wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Cyd Haselton <chaselton@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'm asking about the file /usr/lib/libc.so.
>>>
>>> If it's a script which looks like the file above you'll get
>>> the function definitions you need when you link against libc,
>>> even though dlopen is defined in ld-blah.so.
>>
>> There's no /usr/lib/libc.so in the environment in which I'm working on
>> my Android device.
>>
>> The script excerpt you included in your original email looks familiar
>> though.  Is it possible the script is located elsewhere, with a
>> different name?
>
> Or, if not, is there a workaround?  I'm assuming there is as I've
> built versions previous to 4.8.x on-device...

You said "when bootstrapping 4.8.0 I was able to get around this by
specifying -ldl in LDFLAGS and LIBS when running configure" which
tells me that 4.8.0 was also broken.  Either Android needs a linker
script like GNU/Linux or you need to actually get in there and edit
GCC's build scripts to link against libdl.

Andrew.