Re: Native GCC 4.9.0 Build Fails Building/Linking libgcc_s_so with Undefined Symbol

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Cyd Haselton <chaselton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 16 November 2014 23:51, Cyd Haselton wrote:
> *snip*
>>> Additionally, a bootstrap guide I read suggested bootstrapping
>>> versions at max, one version level later.
>>
>> I'm not sure what that means, but if the authors intended to say don't
>> try to build 4.9.1 with 4.8.0 they're giving bad advice, and even if
>> you want to follow it, if you don't make the mistake of staring with
>> 4.8.0 then you're not forced to use 4.9.0
>
> Unfortunately, 4.9.1 exhibits the same behavior in the same part of
> the build process (what I think is the target libgcc linking, but I
> could very well be wrong).
>
> Attempt 4.9.2 or troubleshoot 4.9.1?

UPDATE:

In another attempt to fix this problem, I grepped for dlopen in the
build directoryand ran across the following:

>From ./gcc/config.log

configure:27894: checking for library containing dlopen
configure:27925: gcc --sysroot=/usr/gcc-4.8/sysroot -o conftest -Wall
-mandroid -mbionic   -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc
-Wl,--dynamic-linker=/system/bin/linker -lc -ldl -lgcc -lm -lsupc++
-lgnustl_shared conftest.c  >&5
configure:27925: $? = 0
configure:27942: result: none required:

And this, from liblto_plugin.la:
# The name that we can dlopen(3).
# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''"

It seems to me as though configure needs to pick up libdl (which is
the android library to link to for dlopen...though i'm not sure how to
make this happen.

Thoughts?