Re: Help with Install

On 29 June 2014 18:32, Mark Nitz <marknitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good Afternoon!
>
> I am new to GNU software and I'd like some help with a few things:
>
> First off, I have the headers and libraries installed that are
> required for the configuration (gmp, mpfr, mpc).  They are all located
> in /usr/local, however, when I run the configuration command, I
> receive an error saying that I do not have the right libraries.  What
> am I doing wrong?

It's usually better not to install them at all, but to let GCC build
them itself (see http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC for more info)

You might need to configure GCC with --with-gmp=/usr/local
--with-mpc=/usr/local --with-mpfr=/usr/local

> And then what else should I be aware of going forward?  Thanks for your help!

You might need to ensure the shared libraries can be found by the
dynamic linker, either by editing the dynamic linker's search paths or
using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable (this isn't necessary
if you follow the steps at the link above)