Failure while installing gcc

Hi
I have compiled gcc4.4.7 version with sucess. The installation seems to be OK
also (success with make install with no error message) but there is  no
creation of the bin directory on the path that I had processed in building!!!
In particular there is no creation  of the gcc binary!
Can you help me please
Best regards
Jihene Abdennadher
Maitre Assistante (physique)
Institut préparatoire aux etudes d'ingenieur de Tunis (IPEIT)
2 Rue Jawaher Lel Nehru 1089 Montfleury-Tunis. Tunisie
tel =+216 98 692 465