Re: Dealing with warnings & pragma GCC diagnostic in LTO-enabled builds

Hi Manuel,

> I wonder why the diagnostics are not simply disabled during LTO. Do
> you mean that if you don't use the pragmas you get the warnings twice?

They are not disabled during LTO because those are only triggered at
"link" stage. I do not know about the GCC intrinsics, but I guess some
of the issues may only be detected at this stage.

I have no idea, however, about how to get the info about which stage
generates which kind of warnings. So for now, the same warning list is
provided to both the "compiler" (GIMPLE generation) and the "linker"
(binary generation).

I never observed the same warning to occur twice.

Cheers,
Manu