Re: GCC option "-melf64ppc" removed since 4.6, any alternative options?

> In one of my project, we used "-melf64ppc" in makefile, but newer GCC
> removed this flag, so will hit compiling errors.

That never was a compiler flag.  It is a linker flag and should be
specified as "-Wl,-melf64ppc".

GCC versions before December 2010 wrongly passed all -m options to
the linker.

And indeed you likely can just remove it, it probably is the default
for your toolchain.

Cheers,

Segher