Re: stage 3 error : bash: missing-objcopy: command not found

On 10/21/13, Andrew Haley  wrote:
> On 10/21/2013 02:32 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> > what is this "missing-objcopy" ? anybody have a notion on that one ?
>
> objcopy wasn't found. If you re-run configure you'll see it.

This is a Solaris server and objcopy is part of Linux binutils, not
part of Solaris ( SVR4 UNIX based ).

I see here :

 http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html

 GNU binutils Necessary in some circumstances, optional in others. See
 the
host/target specific instructions for your platform for
 the exact
requirements.

I check here : http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html

 Where I see no mention of a need for binutils to compile "go".

We probably need to update that page.

However, having said that I do have :

$ /usr/local/bin/gobjcopy --version
GNU objcopy (GNU Binutils) 2.23.1
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.

So it looks like I need a silly environment variable such as OBJCOPY which
points to the GNU binutils in /usr/local/bin. Which I otherwise do not use.

Dennis