Re: gcc4.7 set is not compatible gcc4.3?

On 08/09/2013 06:17 AM, Zhang, Roy wrote:

I have a database which is built on suse enterprise server 11.2 with gcc4.3. It also runs on suse enterprise server 11.2. Now I want to upgrade gcc4.3 to gcc4.7 due to database application built env is upgraded to gcc4.7.  But after I installed gcc4.7 set of packages on my database running machine, my database processes could not be started. I have to restore to gcc4.3 env so that my database can work well. So my question is why gcc4.7 is not compatible with gcc4.3? Or caused by different OS level based?(gcc4.3 is on Suse enterprise server 11.2, gcc4.7 is downloaded from opensuse web and is based on opensuse 12.2) I think higher OS should be compatible with lower version? Or because Suse enterprise server is not compatible with opensuse?

I think this is more a SLES/Opensuse question than a GCC question. You should ask on one of their mailing lists. If you do that, be sure to include the exact error message that prevents your application from starting. Output from the ldd tool will likely be needed as well.