Re: (Potential bug) Useless warning that shouldn't exist?

On 11 July 2013 12:50, Alec Teal wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Turns out there was a macro, the compiler saw:
> static const float (__builtin_inff());
>
> The library must have compiled because INFINITY isn't defined, curious that
> the use does, but my IDE didn't spot that INFINITY was a macro, it doesn't
> surprise me that somewhere in the vast wxWidgets headers it's there. This
> isn't a complaint; fear not.

It's defined in <math.h>

>> Please provide a complete reproducable example, not snippets of code
>> with "..." that noone else can test.
>>
> Overkill as a first step surely? I may have missed something trivial, I did
> miss something trivial.

No!  Reducing your problem to a minimal example is never "overkill", 9
times out of ten you'll probably figure out the problem yourself in
the process of removing unrelated cruft, and if not you'll avoid
wasting people's time by posting something that doesn't actually show
the relevant bits of code.  The parts you *think* are the problem may
not be related, because if your understanding of the problem was
correct you wouldn't be asking for help in the first place.