Re: Bootstrap error

I just wanted to say that I didn't manage to solve this issue. In addition to the below, I tried: (A) bootstrapping with an older version of GCC (3.4.6) and (B) bootstrapping with ICC 12.0.0. I should've also mentioned that I'm rm -rf 'ing objdir between tries. I offered a small bounty for this on Super User, with no luck so far.

Doug

On 2013-05-07 9:55 AM, Douglas B. Staple wrote:
Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for the ideas. I tried:
1) removing the '-j 16'
2) using an absolute path when calling configure.
3) using the contrib/download_prerequisites script to download mpfr-2.4.2, gmp-4.3.2, and mpc-0.8.1, instead of the newer versions above. 4) setting the PWDCMD environment variable to an automounter-aware pwd command (pawd).

None of these things resolved the issue. I'm out of ideas for now, so I posted the question on Super User: http://superuser.com/questions/592552/bootstrap-error-while-compiling-gcc-4-8-0
If the answer comes up here then I'll post it there and vice versa.

Doug