[gcc-help] Cannot find "vms/chfdef.h" while cross-compiling gcc-4.8.0 for alpha

Hi all,

I am trying to cross compile gcc for alpha arch. However I wasn't able
to solve the last error I got, which is as follows;

../../../../gcc-4.8.0/libgcc/config/alpha/vms-gcc_shell_handler.c:32:24:
fatal error: vms/chfdef.h: No such file or directory
 #include <vms/chfdef.h>
                        ^
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [vms-gcc_shell_handler.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/matara/Tools/gcc-alpha/gcc_obj/alpha-dec-vms/ev6/libgcc'
make[3]: *** [multi-do] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/matara/Tools/gcc-alpha/gcc_obj/alpha-dec-vms/libgcc'
make[2]: *** [all-multi] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/matara/Tools/gcc-alpha/gcc_obj/alpha-dec-vms/libgcc'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libgcc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/matara/Tools/gcc-alpha/gcc_obj'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I am using binutils-2.23 and configuration command is this;

---------------------------------------
$ ../binutils-2.23/configure --prefix=/usr/local/alpha-dec-vms
-target=alpha-dec-vms
---------------------------------------

When I check to see whether I installed assembler and linker correctly
I got the following outputs.

$ alpha-dec-vms-as --version
GNU assembler (GNU Binutils) 2.23
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `alpha-dec-vms'.

$ alpha-dec-vms-ld -V
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.23
  Supported emulations:
   alphavms

After, I extracted gcc-4.8.0 to a file and used following configuration command.

$ ../gcc-4.8.0/configure
--prefix=/usr/local/gcc-alpha \
--program-prefix=alpha-dec-vms- \
--enable-static \
--disable-shared \
--disable-threads \
--enable-languages=c \
--with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld \
--without-headers \
--target=alpha-dec-vms

When I run the command above, I can see that gcc finds the binaries
produced by binutils (I have appended them to PATH env.).

checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for yacc... no
checking for bison... no
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... m4
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
checking for flex... no
checking for makeinfo... no
checking for expect... no
checking for runtest... no
checking for ar... ar
checking for as... as
checking for dlltool... no
checking for ld... ld
checking for lipo... no
checking for nm... nm
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for windres... no
checking for windmc... no
checking for objcopy... objcopy
checking for objdump... objdump
checking for readelf... readelf
checking for alpha-dec-vms-cc... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-gcc... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-c++... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-g++... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-cxx... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-gxx... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-gcc... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-gcj... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-gfortran... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-gccgo... no
checking for ar... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-ar... alpha-dec-vms-ar
checking for as... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-as... alpha-dec-vms-as
checking for dlltool... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-dlltool... no
checking for ld... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-ld... alpha-dec-vms-ld
checking for lipo... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-lipo... no
checking for nm... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-nm... alpha-dec-vms-nm
checking for objdump... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-objdump... alpha-dec-vms-objdump
checking for ranlib... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-ranlib... alpha-dec-vms-ranlib
checking for readelf... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-readelf... alpha-dec-vms-readelf
checking for strip... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-strip... alpha-dec-vms-strip
checking for windres... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-windres... no
checking for windmc... no
checking for alpha-dec-vms-windmc... no
checking where to find the target ar... pre-installed
checking where to find the target as... pre-installed
checking where to find the target cc... just compiled
checking where to find the target c++... pre-installed
checking where to find the target c++ for libstdc++... pre-installed
checking where to find the target dlltool... pre-installed
checking where to find the target gcc... just compiled
checking where to find the target gcj... pre-installed
checking where to find the target gfortran... pre-installed
checking where to find the target gccgo... pre-installed
checking where to find the target ld... pre-installed
checking where to find the target lipo... pre-installed
checking where to find the target nm... pre-installed
checking where to find the target objdump... pre-installed
checking where to find the target ranlib... pre-installed
checking where to find the target readelf... pre-installed
checking where to find the target strip... pre-installed
checking where to find the target windres... pre-installed
checking where to find the target windmc... pre-installed
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

And then it produces the error above when I type "make". I couldn't
find any file named chfdef.h in gcc when I search. Can anyone see what
I am missing? Answers, pointers, questions.. anything is greatly
appreciated.

Sorry for the annoying mail by the way. Couldn't find a better way to put it.

Regards
Mehmet