Re: Determining the amount of RAM required to build a particular OSS/FS application

Greetings Jeffrey,

Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Michael Lueck
<mlueck@lueckdatasystems.com>  wrote:

>In my mind, that allocated memory should come out to just under 58MB. Even
>well within the 407MB when I checked free just now.
>
>Something is not adding up... Suggestions?
Update the compiler?

Not an option on this shared server.

I am trying to build again the version of ImageMagick I currently have deployed on this system. If that will not even build currently, I will contact the server support staff. I built that version once, I should still be able to build that version. I believe the box was running Debian Etch back when I built it last, in the year 2008 it seems. A lot has changed in that time... ;-)

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems