This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: paradox re: constraints for ReadWrite memory in asm instruction
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: dw <limegreensocks at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 20:22:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: paradox re: constraints for ReadWrite memory in asm instruction
- References: <514F9750 dot 7030908 at yahoo dot com>
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM, dw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> 2) The docs say: "You should only use read-write operands when the
> constraints for the operand [...] allow a register."
That part of the docs has been wrong for a while. The doc was
corrected for 4.8, but it was wrong for earlier versions too.