Re: builtin assembler constraints

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Grobman Alexander-R53196
<R53196@freescale.com> wrote:
> This is really strange that such option does not exist. VLE instruction set does not use r8-r24 for many 16bit instructions. How do people use inline assembly with these? Or does compiler recognize these limitations for
"known" instructions by itself?

(Plesae don't top-post.  Thanks.)

I don't know the PPC instruction set all that well.  I don't know how
the VLE instructions work; I don't even know what they are.  I can
tell you that GCC never recognizes instructions in an asm strings.
The valid set of registers for any argument are always expressed
through constraints.

Ian