This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Some questions about adding mingw support for std::random_device
- From: niXman <i dot nixman at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:05:29 +0400
- Subject: Some questions about adding mingw support for std::random_device
I want to add mingw support for std::random_device and I have a few questions.
1) When configuring libstdc++, the GLIBCXX_CHECK_RANDOM_TR1 test
passes successfully, because MSYS is used. But the compiler and the
programs created by it can not use '/dev/urandom' || '/dev/random',
because they do not use MSYS-runtime. The first question is, do I need
to change the GLIBCXX_CHECK_RANDOM_TR1 test itself so that for mingw
it would be not successful, or I have to add in the file
'libstdc++-v3/include/bits/random.h' an additional checking by the
preprocessor and ignore the value of _GLIBCXX_USE_RANDOM_TR1 macro? I
think the first variant is more logical because the second variant
seems to be some cleaning up.
2) Since the I'm very new in autotools, tell me please, how should I
change the GLIBCXX_CHECK_RANDOM_TR1 test?
Dual-target(32 & 64-bit) MinGW compilers for 32 and 64-bit Windows:
Another online IDE: http://liveworkspace.org/