Re: GCC vs MSVC compiler issues in a port

On 23/12/12 06:39, John Cotton Ericson wrote:
> On 12/22/2012 11:30 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:
>> You need to start with an unoptimized build; does it crash in the same
>> way? What about building with -Wall ?
> I have been using no optimization other than -ffast-math. Whether or not
> I used -msse and -march=native or -mi386 I get arithmetic overflows
> without -ffast-math.
>
> I am looking at the warnings with -Wall. Nothing too interesting but
> I'll try to resolve them.

There are more warning flags in gcc than just -Wall - perhaps some
others will give you new clues (though there might be a lot of "noise",
especially with old code).  Also note that many of the gcc warnings only
work well when you have optimisation enabled, as they depend on some of
the analysis passes in the optimiser.  So try at least "-O2 -Wall -Wextra".