This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: parallel testsuite results differ from a single task approach
- From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke at blastwave dot org>
- To: tprince at computer dot org
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:56:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: parallel testsuite results differ from a single task approach
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <50D45DAA.email@example.com>
> How are we to know what you aren't telling?
I am generally very detailed in that regard.
I think that I will refrain from running gmake -j X for X > ( number of cores available -2 )
and then the problem may go away.
Otherwise a single "gmake" is safest. Slow. But safe.