Re: How to extend gcc compiler by adding pragmas

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Hayder
<hayder.alkhalissi@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>>>
>>> I am working to implement programming model for distributed heterogeneous
>>> multicor system.
>>> Therefore, I need to write some #pragmas for my work. i.e, I need to
>>> invoke
>>> some particular code when there are some particular pattern in code.
>>> Could
>>> some one help me in this ...?
>
>>The usual way to approach this kind of thing in GCC is function
>>attributes, where they work.
> How? Can you light on this ..?

The people on this list are happy to answer specific questions, but I
don't know how to answer a question like that.  If you are just asking
what function attributes are, see
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Function-Attributes.html .

GCC is a large and complex program written by many people over many
years.  There is no quick and simple way to make complex changes of
the sort you are suggesting.  You are going to have to read the
documentation and examine the source code.

Ian