This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgcc build fails with "cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile"
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Devin <hdqdevin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:44:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: libgcc build fails with "cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile"
- References: <CAAR6sUPQ6f+4g6e=yo27q4hOwetg9U5nZvR1kVo2NS=757H2HA@mail.gmail.com>
On 19 December 2012 09:54, Devin wrote:
> I was building native client toolchain on my own Linux OS, when it
> went to libgcc it fails with following:
> line 76: exec: : not found
This means it failed to find the assembler for the nacl target - you
need a nacl binutils to build a nacl compiler.