This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Strange warnings from GCC++ 4.6.2 in Atmel Studio 6
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: gbarbehenn at linear dot com
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:37:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: Strange warnings from GCC++ 4.6.2 in Atmel Studio 6
- References: <50CF2B6C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12/17/2012 03:25 PM, George H. Barbehenn wrote:
I'm not sure why the compiler is confusing the overloads, is "String st"
somehow equivalent to "char *st"?
This depends on your environment, GCC doesn't provide a String type.
I suspect that GCC and the C++03 standard resolve the call to the char *
variant of the method, and do not take a constructor String(const char
*) into account, even if it existed.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team