Re: Installing gcc 4.7.2 on Solaris 10 - SPARC platform

> Thanks *Dennis* for your assistance. However, I have been able to
> compile gcc
> 4.7.2 on Solaris 10 (SPARC) without your gcc 4.5.1 pre-compiled binary
> package. Here is the precise steps I follwed in case someone else
> needs it
> later:
>
> 1. Installed gcc 3.4.6 pre-compile binary from  http://sunfreeware.com/
> <   which got installed /usr/local/bin/
> 2. Installed MPFR library under /usr/local: *./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local, make && make install*
> 3. Installed MPC library under /usr/local: *./configure --prefix=/usr/local,
> make && make install*
> 4. Installed GMP library under /usr/local: *./configure --prefix=/usr/local,
> make && make install*
> 5. Installed binutils-2.23.1 under /usr/local: *./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local, make && make install*
> 6. Set the environment variable to force gcc make process to use GNU as:
> AS=/usr/local/bin/as
> 7. Set the environment variable to force gcc make process to use GNU ld:
> AS=/usr/local/bin/ld
> 8. Started gcc build: *./configure --prefix=/usr/local, make && make
> install*
>
> The build process ran over 8 hours (I don't know exactly how much time
> it
> tiik as I left the office after 8 hours and found itself ready the next
> morning). I did the same process twice on the same machine and it got
> built
> successfully both the times.

Success is measured via the testsuite so I would really like to know what sort of
results you managed.  Please.

> P.S. Now I want to package my gcc 4.7.2 installation in phgadd format
> so that if anybody else needs it, it can be installed without such pain.
> Will you please help me in this regard?

I have extensive experience with this however I won't package nor aid in
the distribution of a thing which is untested. I have GCC 4.7.2 built over and
over on Solaris and no way would I release them to the unsuspecting public
without a reasonable public testsuite.

Dennis