This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building GCC 4.7.2 on Solaris 10 x86 AMD64 - Getting linker error involving eh_frame
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Jim Rice <jmrice6640 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 17:13:50 -0800
- Subject: Re: Building GCC 4.7.2 on Solaris 10 x86 AMD64 - Getting linker error involving eh_frame
- References: <1354292910.6577.YahooMailClassic@web160502.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Jim Rice <email@example.com> wrote:
> ld: fatal: file .libs/sjlj.o: section .eh_frame: section type is SHT_PROGBITS: expected SHT_AMD64_UNWIND
Sounds like you are using the GNU assembler with the Solaris linker,
or the Solaris assembler with the GNU linker. Don't do that. Use
both the Solaris assembler and linker, or both the GNU assembler and
linker. Use the -v option with gcc to see precisely which assembler
and linker it is running.