      end

toto.cc:
#include <iostream>
struct {double variable;}demof;
extern "C" void toto();
int main()
{
	demof.variable=3.14159;
	std::cout<<"C++  variable = "<<demof.variable<<std::endl;
	toto();
	return 0;
}

* Gcc 4.1 give me :
C++  variable = 3.14159
 Fortran variable= 3.14159000000000
* Gcc 4.6 give me:
C++  variable = 3.14159
 Fortran variable= 0.00000000000000

Yours differents solutions work, but I would prefer to use an option to have the old behavior. Because, I have 163 files with anonymous strut to modify. And, each file require special attention because struct are linked, or not, with a COMMON, and COMMON are not necessary include in source, etc.
So, if it isn't possible to use an option, I will have a lot of work now. Else I could modify  progressively.