Re: Symbol visibility and bypassing PLT for intra-DSO calls

On 11/12/2012 10:01 AM, Alexander Monakov wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Florian Weimer wrote:

Is there a way to use symbol visibility to bypass the PLT for intra-DSO calls,
while still keeping the symbol public?  I don't need to support overriding the
symbols from the outside, so the PLT indirection isn't needed.

Why do you need to use the visibility mechanism specifically? From my understanding, it sounds like you can use -Bsymbolic.

It would be sort-of nice to do this at the compiler level, so that the programmer doesn't have to specify a linker option. And a finer granularity to control this feature might make sense in some cases.