Re: __builtin_extract_return_address undefined

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Alfonso Acosta
<alfonso.acosta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Under gcc 4.6.1 (and at least in the x86 64bit architecture),
> __builtin_extract_return_address seems to be undefined. Sorry for not
> using the trunk or the latest stable version but I need to stick to
> this version for my production software.

It should be defined in GCC 4.6.1.  Note that it's called
__builtin_extract_return_addr.

> Can somebody point out on which architectures
> __builtin_extract_return_address is actually supposed to do something?
> My code should support at the very least x86 (32 and 64) and ARM for
> which I presume it's just the identity function.

It is not the identity function on ARM when running in 26-bit mode.
Other architectures where it is not always the identity function:
Alpha, MIPS, MMIX, PA, S390, S+CORE, SPARC.

Ian