Re: __gthread* on vxworks

On 9/26/2012 8:56 PM, rbmj wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry, I forgot to phrase my post in the form of a question...

Is this what you're supposed to do? Or am I misunderstanding how this whole file works? Those implicit definition warnings aren't really a good sign (in general), so I'm not sure if this is what is supposed to happen.

Also, is this the correct way to take care of the mis-configuration? It works ok for libstdc++-v3, but if I try to compile libfortran stuff gets *really* screwed up.

Compiling gcc with -Werror=implicit-function-declaration (needed as warnings for implicit declaration are causing mis-configuration) shows that vxlib-tls.c still references __gthread*tsd*, but the only remaining declarations are to __gthread*tls*. I added a conditional declaration of the __gthread*tsd* functions, and also noticed that one of the calls to __gthread_tsd_leave_dtor_context doesn't pass tcb.

Also, it says that these functions are provided by the kernel, but I
haven't been able to find any documentation to confirm this.  Can
someone confirm that these are in fact provided by the kernel?

I'm citing http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-08/msg01314.html for
the old prototypes.

The attached patch adds both the conditional declarations (on __RTP__)
and the minor change to the function call.

Robert Mason