Re: Spec strings to pass â-rpathâ for each â-Lâ

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> skribis:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Ludovic CourtÃs wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The page at <http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html>, under âDynamic linker is
>> unable to find GCC librariesâ reads:
>>
>>  The short explanation is that if you always pass a -R option to the
>>  linker, your programs become dependent on directories which may be NFS
>>  mounted [...]
>>
>>  However, if you feel you really need such an option to be passed
>>  automatically to the linker, you may add it to a GCC specs file. [...]
>>  You may add linker flags such as -R or -rpath, depending on platform
>>  and linker, to the *link or *lib specs.
>>
>> After spending some time looking at spec strings and at the manual, I
>> canât think of a way of emitting â-rpath LIBDIRâ for every â-LLIBDIRâ
>> encountered.
>
> %{L*:-rpath %*} maybe?

I realize this isnât sufficient for my purposes: when $LIBRARY_PATH is
used, -L can be omitted, thus bypassing the above trick.

Ideally, for every â-lLIBâ, it would add â-rpath $(dirname $(which
LIB))â, so to speak.  That may be beyond what spec strings can express,
though.  Or maybe not? :-)

Ludoâ.