Re: CLooG hell

I am following the instructions, perhaps I didn't write that clear. I even generated html in local dir (just in order to avoid possible issues, I was following the graphite/gcc build instructions on the gcc.gnu.org website).

I've tried to build with following versions of CLooG:

cloog-0.17.0.tar.gz (from CLooG.org)
cloog-0.16.2.tar.gz (from gnu.org)
cloog-parma-0.16.1.tar.gz (from CLooG.org)
cloog-polylib-0.16.1.tar.gz (from CLooG.org)
development snapshot via git (from git://repo.or.cz/cloog.git )

And with following versions of other libs:

gmp-5.0.5.tar.gz
mpc-0.9.tar.gz
mpfr-3.1.1.tar.gz
polylib-5.22.5.tar.gz
ppl-1.0.tar.gz

For each mentioned library, `make check` passes good (including CLooG).

However, when it comes to graphite build, I always experience one of two outcomes:

1. configure fails with following message:

checking for version 0.11 (revision 0 or later) of PPL... no
configure: error: Unable to find a usable PPL.  See config.log for details.

2. if I provide --disable-ppl-version-check to graphite's configure, Makefile is usually created, but then `make` fails with the following message:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/vlaad/work/gcc/gcc-4.7.1/graphite/build/host-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `../build-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libiberty/libiberty.a', needed by `build/genconstants'. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/vlaad/work/gcc/gcc-4.7.1/graphite/build/host-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc'
make[2]: *** [all-stage1-gcc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vlaad/work/gcc/gcc-4.7.1/graphite/build'
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vlaad/work/gcc/gcc-4.7.1/graphite/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Could it be related to something with Debian / multiarch problems? I don't know.
For that reason, I'm posting here additional info:

$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3

$ uname -a
Linux hugebox 3.2.0-26-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 17:49:24 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS \n \l