Re: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

On 25 June 2012 11:15, Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari <ahsan.pmd@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now I linked it using LDFLG = --static-libgfortran ?in compile option
>> file of application. And now the executable gives the following error
>> instead of previous.
>>
>> [root@pmd03 bin]# ./int2lm_seq_v1.18
>> ./int2lm_seq_v1.18: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libquadmath.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>> [root@pmd03 bin]#

I've already answered this question.  I can't help you if you ignore
my suggestions.

The runtime linker is finding the 32-bit version of libgfortran.so.3
but you are trying to run a 64-bit program.

There are a number of ways to tell the dynamic linker how to find the
right library, see
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/using_dynamic_or_shared.html#manual.intro.using.linkage.dynamic

You need to tell the runtime linker how to find the right library files.

Run "ldd ./int2lm_seq_v1.18" and it will show you the file it's using.
You need to make it find the right file, that you installed when you
installed the newer version of GCC.