calling a C++ member function

Function pointers can be used to call functions in C. but for C++
member functions. A special function pointer needs to be used, i.e.

float (SomeClass::*my_memfunc_ptr)(int, char *);

but eventually, my_memfunc_ptr will hold the address of the code of
the function it points to. can i set up the calling context myself at
this point, i.e. put "this" pointer into rdi, put the arguments into
other registers/stacks and jump to the address held in the
my_memfunc_ptr. would this work in gcc compiled code , what about
other compilers and os linkages ?

Thanks

Xin