Re: g++ libstdc++ linker question.

On 04/30/12 13:47, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 30 April 2012 18:28, Jonathan Wakely<jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
On 30 April 2012 13:39, F. Heitkamp wrote:

The matplotlib I use is built with:

python setupegg.py build_ext \
   --rpath=/opt/gcc-4.4.3/lib64
python setupegg.py build
python setupegg.py install --user

The --rpath option ensures the right libstdc++.so is found at runtime
(we have several installed).  That build works here, and is linked to
libstdc++.so.  Unfortunately it builds matplotlib as a python egg,
which is a very annoying package format.  I'd rather not install it
via egg, but have no experience doing so and can't suggest why your
build was not linked to libstdc++.

This last suggestion did not work for me. I got the same undefined symbol error. My linux setup is a 64 bits kernel running on sort of a hybrid 32/64 bits system. By that I mean I have some 64 bits userland along with the 32bits. When I configure python programs using the usual commands it comes back with arch x86_64. Anyway I guess this is getting off topic for this list now, but suggestions are welcome nonetheless.

Fred