Distributing a .so built with GCC 4.7.0

Hi,

I need some advice if someone can help?

I've got GCC 4.7.0 built and am using this to build a component (.so).
 This will be built on certain platforms (Solaris and various Linux
distros) then distributed to users, who will then integrate it into
their application.

I can't require that they then build GCC 4.7.0 - they'll likely be
using an older version, even the stock 3.4.2 on Solaris 10.

So what's the best course of action for me to take?  Should I
distribute libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1 (from my GCC 4.7.0
installation) along with my component that users can use instead of
what's with their compiler?  Is this nonstandard and/or dangerous?
Should I statically link my component with these instead? (I haven't
quite got this working, but I understand this will cause problems
anyway?)

Or is it just not possible to do what I'm attempting?  In which case
do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Graham