Re: Cross compilation problem

Alexey Umnov <umnoff@gmail.com> writes:

> The problem is that the tools that is being built are not 32bit
> executables, they are rather 64bit (ELF 64-bit LSB executable,
> x86-64). This is not what I expected because of
> "--with-host=i386-linux-gnu" parameter which as far as I understand
> tells the build system to build a compiler that runs on 32bit linux
> machine.

Specifying --with-host tells the build system that the resulting
executables should run on that host.  However, you also have to provide
a compiler that generates executables that run on that host.  If you
don't, the configure script will try to find such a compiler.  In your
case it appears to be getting it wrong.

I would recommend passing BOOT_CFLAGS=-m32 when you run configure and/or
make.

Ian