Compiling programs for ARM ?

Short Version: Hello, I'm trying to get started with an ARM processor with
the GCC compiler. Does anyone have any tips as for getting compiled
programs to run on the target processor ? (Can you just plop the output
of gcc straight into an arm processor ?)
-
Long Version: I have a STM32F103 processor on a development board,
I am trying to get my compiled programs to run on it. However all it does
is play dead with GCC's output. I am using the `arm-linux-gnueabi`
package from the ubuntu repository.

I have a very simple program that is supposed to toggle 2 IO lines, when
compiled it is about 50kbytes and is about 90% empty space (mostly 0's).
I suspect that I am not compiling with the right options so I am posting
here for help.

Compiling with: -s -Os -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m3
Code: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwP0qhqyaTIIcktzWVcxS0JRNEM0Z1BhS0tlT0pyZw

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Jason White