Re: Compiling and building vital libraries.

On 26 February 2012 04:54, Me Myself and I wrote:

> I have installed mingw32 on 64 bit Windows 7 using
>
> mingw-get-inst-20110530.exe
>
> I have been referred to http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmpmingw/
> for a mingw32 binary version of GMP.
>
> I have the following in my etc/profile file:
>
> export PATH="/home/User/nano":$PATH;
> export PATH="/home/User/":$PATH;
> export PATH="/home/User/gmp-5.0.2":$PATH;
>
> I need to get the following working:
>
> GMP
> MPFR
> MPC
>
> I am finding now that
>
> "C preprocessor /lib/cpp? is failing a sanity check." when I attempt to compile MPFR, with the aforementioned binary GMP.

No, you were clearly told by Sisyphus /lib/cpp is NOT the problem,
that file doesn't exist.

The first attempt to use the C preprocessor is this:

configure:9213: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:9244: gcc -std=gnu99 -E  conftest.c
configure:9244: $? = 1

That should work.  Because it doesn't work, /lib/cpp is tried instead,
but the first test should work.

Your GCC installation is broken.

> Are there any mingw32 people who know what I need to do to my /lib/cpp to get it behaving better?
>
> The advice I have so far doesn't help, and I have also installed the default C++ which comes with the exe installer I have.

Have you *only* installed the C++ part?  Have you also installed the C compiler?

> I'm about to try the cpp from source, but apart from that, is there anyone out there with advice to solve the problem?

You can't build cpp from source, it's part of GCC.

Your GCC installation is broken.

You should be able to run "gcc -E foo.c" on a file called foo.c and
have it succeed - if that doesn't work, fix it.