Re: [Mingw-users] Compiling and building vital libraries.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Me Myself and I"

I am finding now that

"C preprocessor /lib/cpp is failing a sanity check." when I attempt to compile MPFR, with the aforementioned binary GMP.
Are there any mingw32 people who know what I need to do to my /lib/cpp to get it behaving better?

I doubt that /lib/cpp even exists. (It doesn't exist for me, afaik.)

The error message is misleading and appears, I think, only because the *last* attempt that was made to run the preprocessor tried using the '/lib/cpp' command (which fails).

Your problem is that the command 'gcc -E conftest.c' (found at 'configure:4520:') has failed.
It should succeed - something is broken.

I don't know how to fix your problem, but if you work thru the advice that Eli provided earlier then you'll probably make good progress.
Or, if you're really lucky, someone who knows exactly what the problem is might happen along.

Cheers,
Rob