RE: Please, there now has to be someone who can get this working!

I understand that with this arrangement, and these sorts of commands,
I am building a Native Compiler for C,C++ and Java

$PWD/../gcc-4.6.2/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.6.2
make
make install

-Do I gain Java Tiger 1.5 Syntax support with the file versions I have used?
-I am doing this inside mingw32.? What directory should I specify by --prefix,
and should I specify this same directory inside my /etc/profile PATH variable
initialisations?