This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Placement of mudflap passes
- From: zahed khurasani <sdzahed at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:43:44 -0500
- Subject: Placement of mudflap passes
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 10.216.132.28 as permitted sender) email@example.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Gcc Experts,
I am hoping this is the right forum to ask this question. Apologies otherwise.
I have been trying to understand the rationale behind the placement of
the two mudflap
passes. For pass1, I understand it has to be done before the gimple
lowering pass so
that BIND_EXPR's are still available for extracting the declarations.
However, I do not
understand why pass2 has to be placed where it is now. I'd appreciate if someone
can help me understand this. Thanks much!