Re: ld cannot find -lc

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Amittai Aviram wrote:

Unpatched gcc doesn't work on recent debian/ubuntu.

Thanks! So would I avoid this problem altogether just by trying a more recent GCC version?

No, sorry, 4.7 still won't work.

I downloaded that one because it matches the version that's already installed on the machine. (I am trying to make my own instrumented GCC to run some benchmarks with comparisons to the non-instrumented, default, installed version.)

Then your best bet is to use the same patched sources as Ubuntu.
apt-get source gcc-4.4
(dpkg-buildpackage can help work out exactly what Ubuntu does to build a package)

--
Marc Glisse