Re: Moving installed gcc version to other path

On 13 January 2012 12:57, Hard Maker wrote:
> Hi, I trying to move binary version of gcc from the installed path (this was
> defined throw --prefix at build time) to other path, but I want update the
> the search path of gcc to the new locations. How can I do? Wath files or
> options I need to write? Where can I read about?
> This question is not just for linux, I'm trying to build gcc in linux for
> run under windows system using mingw and I don't know how can update the
> search paths for librarys.

I believe it should just work, gcc uses relative paths to find its own
binaries, libraries and executables.

You could also look into using 'make install DESTDIR=/some/other/path'
which installs everything to $DESTDIR/$prefix, instead of to $prefix,
so you can then package it up and move it to the final destination.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/DESTDIR.html