Instrumentation using -finstrument-functions

Hi

I have been looking into instrumentation using -finstrument-functions. I see
that in the steps there is an exclude file list which does not instrument
any functions in the exclude file list specified at compile time.

However is there anyway to do an include file list instead. I want to
instrument only the application code functions, and not c library or system
functions. Would some sort of regex work for this?

Essentially if the scenario is this that I want to use
-finstrument-functions to only instrument functions belonging to /foo/src/..
how can I achieve this? since only exclude file functionality is given.

Thanks
Nipun