Re: aix cross(?)compiler

2011/12/14 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>:
> 2011/12/14 JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz:
>>
>> 1) Am I building everything the right way,
>
> The process is much simpler if you let GCC build the GMP, MPFR and MPC
> libs, instead of installing them separately. See
> http://advogato.org/person/redi/diary/253.html

It's simpler, but results in errors. On AIX, by default, GCC is built
as 32-bit binary but aforementioned libraries are built in 64-bit
mode. Most probably it's possible to do everything in one shot, but I
have a habit of scripting everything, so building these libraries in
32-bit mode is as easy as running one script.

>> 2) What command should I use to get the preprocessed source: is it
>> enough to add "-E" and change "-o unwind-dw2.o" to "-o
>> preprocessed_source.c" in the compilation command?
>
> See the link in the error message for instructions:
>
>> Please submit a full bug report,
>> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>
> That explains how to use -save-temps

Ah. Thanks!
--
JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz

I really hate this damn machine, I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it.