Re: bootstrap comparison failure with bootstrap-lto

Matt <matt@use.net> writes:

> I am getting this on Ubuntu 11.10/amd64. If I remove the
> --with-build-config=bootstrap-lto, the build succeeds just fine. Is
> this a known problem, or should I file a bug? (A search of bugzilla
> didn't bring up this specific symptom.)

> libcpp/lex.o differs

What are the differences between stage2-libcpp/lex.o and
stage3-libcpp/lex.o?  Ignore the fact that one will have debug info and
the other will not.  Look at the readelf -S output for both files, and
see if there are any differences in sections whose names do not start
with ".debug".

Also, what linker are you using?

Ian