Re: Build issues on HP-UX

> I am trying to build a software on HP-UX (HP-UX 11.00). It links
> against Xerces and Xalan libraries (amongst others).
>
> I am getting the following errors during the final linking phase.
> Can somebody help me understand the problem?
>
> I compiled Xerces and Xalan using aCC (as recommended) while I am
> using gcc/g++ for building this software, could that be a problem?

You cannot mix objects compiled with the HP C++ compiler and objects
compiled with the GNU C++ compiler into one executable.  In addition to
some name mangling differences the two compilers use completely
different C++ runtimes which cannot be combined into one executable.

You can mix C code between the two different compilers, but not C++
code.  You either need to compile Xerces and Xalan with the GNU compiler
or use the HP compiler for your software that you want to link with
Xerces and Xalan.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com