Re: Build issues on HP-UX

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Kai Ruottu <kai.ruottu@wippies.com> wrote:
> 9.11.2011 10:21, OBD kirjoitti:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to build a software on HP-UX (HP-UX 11.00). It links
>> against Xerces and Xalan libraries (amongst others).
>>
>> I am getting the following errors during the final linking phase.
>> Can somebody help me understand the problem?
>>
>> I compiled Xerces and Xalan using aCC (as recommended) while I am
>> using gcc/g++ for building this software, could that be a problem?
>
> Yes!
>
>> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "global constructors keyed to
>> ISSECURE" in files objs/HP-UX/Main.o and objs/HP-UX/Test.o
>> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "ISSECURE" in files
>> objs/HP-UX/Main.o and objs/HP-UX/Test.o
>
> <snip>
>>
>> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
>> ? ?xalanc_1_10::NodeRefList::~NodeRefList()(first referenced in
>> objs/HP-UX/XmlFileContentProbe.o) (code)
>>
>> ?xalanc_1_10::XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison::setEntityResolver(xercesc_2_8::EntityResolver*)
>> ? ? ? ? (first referenced in objs/HP-UX/XmlFileContentProbe.o) (code)
>>
>> ?xalanc_1_10::XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport::~XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport()(first
>> referenced in objs/HP-UX/XmlFileContentProbe.o) (code)
>> ? ?xercesc_2_8::XMemory::operator delete(void*)(first referenced in
>
> Somewhere in a C++ learning book should be told that mixing
> binary code from different compilers, even from different
> versions of the same compiler, for instance G++, isn't
> possible :( ?The "Name mangling in C++" in:
I've found its not too bad in the open source world. For example, I
can use Intel's ICC to build a library with 130 source files. ICC has
an optimization bug, so I delete XXX.o and YYY.o, and then build and
link them with GCC. Everything works as desired (and expected!).

I've never tried mixing GCC and other compilers (such as Comeau).

The Microsoft world is a different story if exceptions cross module boundaries.

Jeff