Re: GCC 4.7.0

Saeed Amrollahi Boyouki <amrollahi.saeed@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm Saeed Amrollahi. I'm C++ programmer and software developer.
> Also I'm an advisory member of C++ standardization committee.
> I have a question. When do you launch the GCC 4.7.0?
> I'm waiting pretty long time for that.

The gcc project does not usually announce release schedules, because
then people complain when the dates slip.

The current expectation is that gcc will shift to stage 3 in preparation
for the gcc 4.7.0 release fairly soon, e.g., in the next month or two.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html for what this means.  When the
actual release occurs will depend on how many bugs are found and how
quickly they are fixed.

Ian