Re: g++ can't locate iosfwd

2011/8/25 Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr>:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, Maciej BliziÅski wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I've run into this problem, because I'm setting the build in a
>> an unusual or wrong way. ÂWhat I want, is having the libraries in
>> /opt/csw/lib and the binaries in /opt/csw/gcc4/bin, and I don't care
>> much where everything else lives.
>
> Why do you want that? (there may be good reasons, but I don't know what they
> are)

This discussion predates my involvement with OpenCSW, so I can
continue to package it as previously (everything under /opt/csw/gcc4),
or move it slightly forward with accordance with the new shared
libraries policy (libdir=/opt/csw/lib), or move it all to /opt/csw.
I've asked this question on the maintainers mailing list, and will see
if a consensus to move under /opt/csw appears or not.

http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2011-August/015263.html

> The one thing with a position that needs checking is the 64bit libraries.
>
>> I can either set prefix to
>> /opt/csw/gcc4 and libdir to /opt/csw/lib, or prefix to /opt/csw and
>> some other settings to /opt/csw/gcc4.
>
> Or just set prefix and add a few symlinks afterwards, or...

I think that one idea of installing gcc under /opt/csw/gcc4 was to
support an installation of multiple versions at the same time. For
example, gcc-3.x would go under /opt/csw/gcc3, gcc-4.x would go under
/opt/csw/gcc4, etc.

I'll see what's the outcome of the discussion at OpenCSW.

Maciej