Re: GCC undefined object reference

There is a common mistake that I am aware of. Illustrated (problem and
solution) below for easy understanding. Hope this helps.

user@host:~/tmp/test1$ cat master.c
int main()
{
    slave();
      return 1;
}
user@host:~/tmp/test1$ cat slave.c
void slave()
{
}
user@host:~/tmp/test1$ gcc -o slave.o -c slave.c
user@host:~/tmp/test1$ ar rcs libslave.a slave.o
user@host:~/tmp/test1$ gcc -o master -L./ -lslave master.c
/tmp/ccag46Wr.o: In function `main':
master.c:(.text+0xa): undefined reference to `slave'
                      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
user@host:~/tmp/test1$ echo $?
1
user@host:~/tmp/test1$ gcc -o master master.c -L./ -lslave