Re: libstdc++-.so.6

On 2 August 2011 08:37, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> ? The ld.so lists in it's cache when I use the command ldconfig -v the c++
> library that the runtime linker must be failing to find.

Are you sure it's finding the right version? There will be one
libstdc++.so from GCC 3.2 and another, incompatible one from GCC 4.x

> Isn't there a
> difference in the ld and ld.so.

Yes.

> Woudn't ld be the funtime linker?

Funtime?
ld is the linker, ld.so is the runtime linker aka dynamic linker.

> There are
> also some python library files that ld.so is saying are not ELF files. I
> don't think it knows what to do with them.

You can ignore those warnings.

> My C++ file are compiling but not
> running.

Use ldd on the executable to see what library it needs and ensure
that's known by ldconfig. You can use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to set the path
to test that it works when the library is found.  This is all
described at this link, which I've sent you twice already:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq.html#faq.how_to_set_paths