Re: Installing and Using GCC Fortran with Windows 7

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nikolaus Haberer" <nikolaus.haberer@gmx.de>
To: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 4:55 AM
Subject: Installing and Using GCC Fortran with Windows 7

Dear Sir or Madam,

my Dad started programming in the early 80's with Fortran and will no return to it after getting retiered.
So just 4 fun.

He is using a standart Pc with Windows 7 on it.
My question now is: What do i have to wodnload exactly and wich gui can i use 4 it? Is there an open soure sollution?

MinGW is a free and open-source implementation of gcc (including Fortran) for Windows.
It's a command line utility, but I believe that a gui capability is provided by installing Dev-C++ . (I don't know whether installing Dev-C++ automatically installs MinGW, or whether they're 2 separate installs.)

Cheers,
Rob